- This event has passed.
Acoustic Echo Cancellation Challenge – ICASSP 2022
December 1, 2021 @ 8:00 am - February 3, 2022 @ 5:00 pm CET
The ICASSP 2022 Acoustic Echo Cancellation Challenge is intended to stimulate research in the area of acoustic echo cancellation (AEC), which is an important part of speech enhancement and still a top issue in audio communication and conferencing systems. This is the third AEC challenge and it is enhanced by including mobile scenarios, adding speech recognition rate in the challenge goal metrics, and making the default sample rate 48 kHz. In this challenge, we open source two large datasets to train AEC models under both single talk and double talk scenarios. These datasets consist of recordings from more than 7,500 real audio devices and human speakers in real environments, as well as a synthetic dataset. We also open source an online subjective test framework and provide an online objective metric service for researchers to quickly test their results. The winners of this challenge are selected based on the average Mean Opinion Score achieved across all different single talk and double talk scenarios, and the speech recognition rate.
To register for the challenge, participants are required to email Acoustic Echo Cancellation Challenge email@example.com with the name of their team members, emails, affiliations, team name, and tentative paper title. Participants also need to register on the Challenge CMT site where they can submit the enhanced clips.
Please use Microsoft Conference Management Toolkit for submitting the results. After logging in, complete the following steps to submit the results:
- Choose “Create new submission” in the Author Console.
- Enter title, abstract and co-authors, and upload a lastname.txt file (can be empty or contain additional information regarding the submission).
- Compress the enhanced results files to a single lastname.zip file, retaining the same folder and file names as the blind test set (max file size: 350 MB).
- After creating the submission, return to the “Author Console” (by clicking on “Submissions” at the top of the page) and upload the lastname.zip file via “Upload Supplementary Material”.
- Evaluation results on blind test set: January 20, 2022, 11:59 PM (anywhere on Earth)
- Papers: February 3, 2022, 11:59 PM (anywhere on Earth)
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org