- This event has passed.
June 30 @ 4:00 pm - July 1 @ 1:00 pm CESTFree
We are pleased to announce the 3rd Virtual Conference on Computational Audiology (VCCA2022), which will take place from June 30th (afternoon) to July 1st, 2022.
VCCA2022 will provide a platform for presentation and discussion of research in Computational Audiology. The focus lies on the applications of computational approaches (big data, machine learning, AI, signal processing) to audiological interventions and hearing science (hearing loss, hearing devices).
VCCA2022 will be hosted by the Hearing4all Cluster of Excellence.
Hearing4all is funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) under Germany’s Excellence Strategy – EXC 2177/1 – Project ID 390895286. Core partners of the cluster are the University of Oldenburg, Hannover Medical School and the University of Hannover.
Last-minute registration can be made on the conference site at https://vcca2022.uol.de/.
The program can be found HERE
- February 18th 2022: Abstract submission system opens
- May 1rst 2022: Abstract deadline
- May 12th 2022: Decisions communicated (acceptance/rejection)
- June 8th 2022: Deadline submission of video recordings and slides
- June 30th 4pm-10pm / July 1st 8am-1pm: Conference
Internationally renowned scientists will present their proceedings in research on the multiple aspects of the application of computational approaches to audiological diagnostics, intervention, and rehabilitation.
As in the previous editions, we will organize a competition for young scientists for the best talk, and a competition for the best video pitches. We continue to strive to be the platform where young talents, innovators, clinicians, and seasoned experts share ideas, have opportunities to network, and get inspired.
The topics will include:
- Big data and AI in audiology and hearing healthcare
- Computational approaches to improving hearing devices and auditory implants
- Data-based and model-based investigations into hearing loss
- Hearing diagnostics and rehabilitation
- e-Audiology and e-Research (remote hearing healthcare and virtual audiological care and interventions)
A total of five prizes will be awarded to early-career researchers by the prize committee (Inga Holube, Andrea Hildebrandt, Jan-Willem Wasmann, Tobias Goehring):
- Two Video Pitch Awards (each 250 EUR; handed out as a giveaway upon the recipient’s choice) selected according to creativity and originality
- Two Young Scientist Awards (each 250 EUR; handed out as a giveaway upon the recipient’s choice) rated according to scientific criteria (e.g., quality, impact, methods)
- A Special Award (750 EUR; handed out as a giveaway upon the recipient’s choice) selected according to several possible criteria (e.g., methodological innovation, public outreach, scientific or translational impact)
Mission (of computational audiology):
- Improve hearing healthcare for hard-of-hearing people (>1500 million people)
- Improve efficacy of hearing devices and audiological interventions
- Reduce the global burden of hearing loss with computational approaches
- Hearing, Audiology, AI and Computational researchers all over the world
- Especially young scientists are encouraged to take part
- No participation fee
- Several time zones
We are looking forward to welcoming you on June 30th!
Anna Warzybok, Waldo Nogueira and Volker Hohmann
On behalf of the VCCA2022 Organizing Committee
Follow VCCA2022 on twitter (@CompAudiology)
- VCCA2022 program highlights
- Register for VCCA2022
- Continue to Scientific Committee
- Continue to Organization
- Submit an abstract