- This event has passed.
Virtual Conference on Computational Audiology
June 19, 2020Free
We are proud to announce the first Virtual Conference on Computational Audiology 2020 (VCCA2020).
In these times of social distancing, we intend to use the opportunities modern communication technology offers to bring researchers from all over the world together in a virtual conference setting. What better topic than the combination of audiology — the primary sense humans use for communication — and AI/computation — an advanced means by which we try to model and make sense of the world?
- Computational models
- Machine learning for audiology
- AI for auditory implants
- AI & Music (for hearing impaired people)
- Computational infrastructure and software
More details about the program are presented here
Below a short outline of the plan for the day:
- bringing Audiology and AI experts together
- let young researchers present their work and ideas, feedback from peers and mentored by senior researchers
- social interaction, in times of social distancing
Mission (of promoting computational audiology):
- Improve access to hearing healthcare (>450 million hearing impaired people)
- 100-300 participants (especially young scientist from all over the world and innovative clinicians)
- No participation fee
- We will reach out to research groups in AI and Audiology worldwide.
- We will provide a young scientist award to the best contribution
All presentations and discussions will be recorded and together with the submitted abstracts made freely accessible via our website:
All presentations and discussions will be recorded and together with the submitted abstracts made freely accessible via our website. We would like to take advantage of the virtual aspects of this conference by creating sessions that consist of a mixture of different talk and discussion formats and distribute time slots over a 24 hour period. We provide the opportunity for researchers and research groups to submit one-minute videos explaining their work, which will be placed on the conference website. We also offer the opportunity to submit links to research group websites and announcements of webinars to be placed on the conference website. Last but not least, we will encourage social interaction by providing virtual “coffee breaks” and other social activities.
The core program consists of three clustered sessions. Please follow this link to visit the conference landing page.
Registration for regular attendance of the conference is closed. We will make the recordings available after the conference. Here you can register to get access to the recordings, which will be available from July 17 until September 1.
We will regularly update the conference website with new information. Feel free to send questions or suggestions to email@example.com.