The next international HEAL 2024 conference (live) will be held from 6 to 8 June 2024 at our historic venue, the gorgeous Villa Erba Conference Center, on Lake Como in Cernobbio. This peaceful, elegant, cozy and little frequented town with all its charm will once again host our meeting. HEAL meetings, a.k.a. the Como Conferences, have closely monitored – and contributed to – the progress of modern Audiology and Hearing Science, also influencing the development of clinical studies and practical protocols. HEAL meetings bring together experts from across disciplines and offer delegates a unique opportunity to discuss their latest research in a truly international forum.
The Scientific Program is usually composed of several parallel sessions and enriched by Satellite Events dedicated to a great variety of topical issues as well as Special Sessions and Mini-Symposia proposed and coordinated by many Organizations and Institutions active in the wide area of hearing research and hearing care.
As an example, the last HEAL 2022 Scientific Program included two mini-symposia, four special sessions and various lectures and approximately 330 Communications with Delegates representing about 45 Countries from around the world.
Topics that will be addressed at HEAL2024 include, but are not limited to:
- Speech perception
- Speech-in-noise testing
- Self-administered hearing tests
- Genetic issues
- Early identification – novel techniques and methods
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Speech and language development
- Listening effort
- Cognitive decline
- Quality of life and hearing loss
- Computational Audiology
- e- and m-health solutions
- Auditory modelling
- Auditory Neuroscience
- Artificial Intelligence applications
- Data-driven hearing models
- Effects of occupational and recreational noise
- Amplification – technologies and strategies
- Implantable devices
- Auditory training
- Improving Hearing Care and Services
- Remote Care Solutions
- Intervention and Rehabilitation: strategies and methods.