The Virtual Conference on Computational Audiology 2022 (VCCA, June 30th (afternoon) to July 1st, 2022) will be accepting abstracts on research, innovative projects, software, tools and other applications related to Computational Audiology.
Abstract deadline: May 1rst 2022
Topics for VCCA2022
- Big data and AI in audiology and hearing healthcare
- Computational approaches to improving hearing devices and auditory implants
- Data-based and model-based investigations into hearing loss
- Hearing diagnostics and rehabilitation
- e-Audiology and e-Research (remote hearing healthcare and virtual audiological care and interventions)
- Abstracts will have a length of up to 2000 characters (~300 words) (click here for an example abstract)
- Please structure into Background, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Please upload at least one picture or figure with your abstract.
- Please provide a one-sentence summary to be posted with the abstract title on the landing page of the website.
- We strongly encourage you to submit a short, 2-minute video pitch about your project.
- Please provide author information
- Include authors and co-authors with names and affiliations.
- Main author must provide an e-mail address
- File management
- Provide the figure as JPEG or PNG. Name of file: [author_caption]
- Provide the videoclip in MP4 format. Name of file: [author_title]
- Windows: You can record a videoclip using the record function of powerpoint and than exporting the recording to MP4. Here’s a short manual by Microsoft office, a Wikihow about video presentations or another video instruction.
- MacOS: You can use Keynote and QuickTime Player or iMovie. Kaltura is a good platform for making educational videos.
- Please send any questions related to the abstract submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication of abstract on website
- All submitted abstracts will be made available online on the VCCA website.
- By submitting an abstract and/or 2-minute video clip you consent to have it published on the VCCA website.
- After your abstract has been processed, you will receive an E-Mail to confirm that we received it. The Scientific Committee will review the abstracts and once accepted, we will post it publicly on the VCCA website (www.computationalaudiology.com)
- After your abstract has been accepted, you will receive a registration number, for completing the registration procedure for presenters.
- February 18th 2022: Abstract submission system opens
- May 1rst 2022: Abstract deadline
- May 12th 2022: Decisions communicated (acceptance/rejection)
- June 8th 2022: Deadline submission of video recordings and slides
- June 30th 4pm-10pm / July 1st 8am-1pm: Conference
Young Scientist Award
- We will provide a VCCA2022 Young Scientist Award to the best contribution to the conference.
- The winner will be announced at the closing ceremony of the conference.
Video Pitch Award
- Impressed by last year’s submitted short video-clips, we will provide a VCCA2022 Video Pitch Award for the best video abstract. Submissions will be rated based on creativity, visualizations, and clarity of message among other aspects.
- The winner will be announced at the closing ceremony of the conference before the social program begins.
- Watch the winning pitches of last year: Video by Emma Holmes and Video by Manon Revel