Virtual conferencing: What are the benefits?
- Virtual Conferences are climate-friendly. We will strive to make VCCA2022 carbon neutral;
- We are less affected by COVID-19 restrictions and avoid travel stress;
- We will provide young scientists an opportunity for explaining their work and get into touch with people doing similar research;
- The threshold for participation is low since the VCCA2022 has no participation fee. At a conventional conference, travel, registration, and hotel add to a large sum of money. Many cannot afford that. We hope our open approach will again lead to a diverse background of participants similar as at the VCCA2021 and VCCA2020;
- The technology is familiar and broadly available;
- The participants are approachable.
Virtual socializing happens in coffee breaks and via the messenger system we use. Any conference participant can contact any other participant. In open meetings, anyone can join any conversation. If people want private meetings, they can organize them themselves.
http://www.parncutt.org/virtualsocializing.htmlVirtual socializing at academic conferences